Friday, March 28, 2008

In Stockholm

So much has happened in this past week I don’t even know where to begin. I will start with all the new things I have learned how to do. I believe that I have finally mastered the art of flushing the toilets! Along the same lines do to some trail and error experimenting I can now identify a water closet. I can also take a shower and lock and unlock the bathroom door. I have come soooo far in only a week.


I love the transportation system here. It is so easy to use. They have screens on all the buses and trains announcing the next stop. So far the buses and trains have all been on time. They run about every 15 minutes.



It takes me about 10 on the bus to get to the nearest grocery store for some chocolate. My favorite chocolate bar is similar to a chocolate covered gram cracker bar. Out of the candy bin I like a chocolate coconut thingy. I am not really sure what all is in it. I really need to learn Swedish. It is about 74 kronor per Kilogram. Speaking Kilograms I weigh 50 Kg over here. Someone else do the math please.
The city is beautiful. I am lucky that I have so much time to explore everything. My favorite place so far was, translated, the house of culture. The building has theaters, art galleries, music and a food court that over looks a courtyard. The big glass building is the one I am talking about.


I did come across a small stage by the castle. There were a lot of pars and other small lights hanging up. I didn’t have time to really see anything else. Alex kept walking. I guess he didn’t think of it as a tourist sight. It is hard to see the plot in the photo.



I got my library card today! I found a small section dedicated to English books. I got a Steinbeck book. This is me just outside the library.


Alex and I also went hiking today by his parent’s apartment. It is not as rural as Coupeville but it is still beautiful.



Not much else is new. I have mostly been taking care of paper work and running in and out of janitor closets trying to find a bathroom.

No comments: