Sunday, May 25, 2008

First

Ok so I had my first experience with Grand Theft Auto IV. Totally cool. If your character is just hanging in his flat you can play a game or watch TV. The comics that they hired for the comedy central station were actually really funny. They have a pretty funny VH1 spoof. The best TV program though is the Republican Space Rangers. If you are a republican you will probably get offended. It is a great satire covering both the Iraq war and typical science fiction space show. It was fairly entertaining to watch. The online dating is also full of surprises. As it should be.
When I moved here I knew that there would be no Starbucks, red robin, dennys, although I never expected this. There is no ranch here! If it does exist here I can’t find it. I thought it was weird when I ordered my pizza with ranch sauce and they didn’t have it. Now I can’t find it in any of the stores. Have I mentioned that toppings for pizza include baked bananas and fried egg? The egg one is really good! I am not crazy about baked bananas. Although, we do have baked bananas as a side dish once a week for dinner. So my first big food miss is ranch.
I had my first Swedish boat ride. Really beautiful. The pictures say it all.





Apparently I am the first American that a lot of people in my class have ever met. This really surprised me. They all agree that I am not what they expected. They thought that Americans were all “hard” and “selfish.” Consider their idea of the USA comes from shows like “Jerry Springer” and “The Hills” those thoughts can be justified.

No comments: