Friday, May 30, 2008

Lessons

It seems that some of you want me to study 9 hours a day. One person emailed me to tell me to study 18 hours. (I would like to see you try it Mark.) I am really only studying Swedish right now. To study one subject for that period of time is a bit frustrating. At least for me. I like to get some fresh air. Socialize a bit. i have been play badminton every day. Did I mention that I get paid for every day that I go to class. What is the rush? I like to consider my leisure time here to be, "Cultural Studies."
So today I was on the bus and I saw a stroller in parked on a grassy hill. The stroller started to roll down the hill. I couldn't tell if the baby was in the stroller or not. I instinctively started banging on the window and pointing. A group of women sitting on the bench, with there backs to the hill, suddenly stood up and one of them started running after the stroller. Judging from the way that she was talking to the stroller the baby was indeed inside. A lesson to everyone: use the breaks on the stroller when parking your baby on a hill.
See that experience right there would qualify as, "Cultural Studies." If I had been studying instead of listening to my Ipod, well who knows how many babies I would have sent flying down hills?

No comments: